About the Library Library Staff
Elizabeth Casares – Library Assistant
Lisa Kroll – Library Assistant
Erik Scherer – Teacher Librarian
Welcome to the Amador library for 2017 – 2018!
We are here to help staff and students effectively use ideas and information.
· We have over 26,000 books, audio books, videos, DVDs, and magazines that we check out for 3 weeks to students and longer (as needed) to staff.
· Students only need to have their student id number when checking out a book.
· We have 34 Windows based touchscreen computers, a scanner, 12 iPads (with WeVideo online editing software) and a green screen available for your use in the library. Scientific calculators and laptop chargers are available to be checked out for use during one class period.
· Students have access to two printers (one color and one black and white) which are both located at the front desk. Black and white pages are 5 cents and color pages are up to 75 cents per sheet.
· We offer Facts on File (news, issues and controversies,) Galenet (biographies, opposing viewpoints, health, history, news,) Proquest (newspapers, magazines,) SIRS (social issues,)ABC-Clio(World at War, Pop Culture Universe, World History the Modern Era) and J-Stor ( primary sources and academic articles) . Go to the library web page and click on the subscription resource you need.
· Students find passwords to the various databases in the front of the student organizer and on bookmarks available at the library desk.
· We sell pencils, pens, index cards. We have colored pencils and other supplies available for use.
· Students also have access to textbooks used by all departments on campus. The textbooks are located in the front left of the library in the short bookshelves.
Please call us at 5167 or 426-4481 or 5222 (Erik’s office)